Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

A quick and easy way to fill cupcake cases ...

I have just discovered the quickest and least messy way of filling cupcake cases. As I've said previously (Feb 2011: Birthday cupcakes) I always end up getting the cake mixture all over the tins when I use a teaspoon or ice cream scoop. I did invest in a cupcake filler bottle which turned out to not be that great: it was good for filling but there was always so much mixture left in the bottle that it got quite messy trying to scrape it out, and the mixture always splurged into the lid when I was filling the bottle.

So what is my amazing discovery, I hear you ask? A simple freezer bag!

Fold the bag into a sort of triangle with one bottom corner as the point, then place point down into a tall jug/pint glass. Open the bag and fold back on itself over the sides of the jug, then fill with the cupcake mixture.
 When the bag is full, squeeze the air out of the top and then seal the bag.
Cut a smallish hole in the bottom corner and then pipe away into the cupcake cases - there is zero mess!
Once all the cake mixture has been piped in, you can scrape the remaining mixture to the corner by laying the bag on a flat surface and gently running a palette knife over the outside towards the corner.
 As you can see from the photo there is virtually no mixture wasted!
Ta da! I am very pleased with myself and my great discovery. I will definitely be doing this again.

© 2012 Nicola Noble: Please observe the rules of copyright and blog etiquette. If you use my ideas or images, please link back to my blog. And do let me know - I'd love to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment