Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

Summer heart wreath

I bought a woven heart wreath earlier in the year which I decorated and hung outside by our front door. I started with little Easter eggs, then changed that to spring flowers (sadly I forgot to take a photo of this).
Last week I decided to become summery with some butterflies and dragonflies, although summer doesn't seem to be coming just yet! It is our street party in a couple of weeks so I decided to be patriotic and chose red, white and blue colours for the decoration.

I used my Big Shot die cutter to cut out the butterfly and dragonfly shapes in craft foam and then painted them with glitter paint to add a touch of sparkle. I also changed the pink bow from my Easter/Spring version to a red gingham bow and then attached each shape by sewing it on with red thread.
I am so pleased I bought this heart and know I will have lots of fun changing it to suit the season.

© 2013 Nicola Noble: Please observe the rules of copyright and blog etiquette. If you use my ideas or images, please link back to my blog. And do let me know - I'd love to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment