Pages

Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter

Easter was so early this year that I didn't realise it was here until I looked at my calendar and realised that Sophie and Justin finished school the day before Good Friday!

I wanted to put a couple of decorations up and although I loved the eggs hanging from a branch that I put together last year, I didn't have time or inclination (the weather is just so cold here at the moment) to go searching for the perfect branch again this year. 

But a quick trip to our local garden centre, Squires, and I succumbed to a cute woven heart by one of my favourite home interior gift designers, Gisela Graham and I whipped up a cute decoration that I have hung by the front door - a little bit of brightness for a grey, chilly, snowy couple of weeks ...
Justin also had a Easter bonnet parade at nursery for the first time, so a few days before I pulled out a plain green hat and some Easter stickers and chicks that we already had. My only input was to stick a couple of feathers on the front and to provide the purple shredded paper for a nest on the top of the hat. Then I let him loose on it - it took all my restraint not to interfere and rearrange any stickers that I thought were too close/not in the right position but the overall effort of both of us paid off ... he won the prize for the best hat!!


© 2013 Nicola Noble: Please observe the rules of copyright and blog etiquette. If you use my ideas or images, please link back to my blog. And do let me know - I'd love to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment