Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

I feel like a real runner now!


I did my last run today before the big race on Sunday, the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon (see here for more info). Today was a mere 20 minutes run - I didn't even feel as if I had warmed up before it was time to stop. I really never thought I would say that a 2 miles/20 minute run was too short!!

The last few weeks of training have gone well, culminating with a training run of the full half marathon distance of 13.1 miles run in a credible time of just over 2:24 hours. And more surprisingly, I enjoyed the whole run; I even smiled for most of it! It was a fantastic route, right through the middle of Bushy Park from Hampton Hill to Kingston, then a few more miles along the river Thames almost to Hampton Court and back again. And even the rain that started just before half way and got increasingly heavier couldn't put a dampener on it (pun intended!)

Now, all I have to do is put my feet up and eat lots ... lots of pasta that is. I am excited but nervous for race day - I am running with my now long term running buddy Lorna who has trained with me for last year and this year's races and we hope to enjoy the race as much as we can through some of the great London sights: Buckingham Palace, the Mall, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Westminster bridge, the London Eye, Hyde Park, Green Park, St James Park ...

I am running on behalf of Parkinson's UK. If anyone out there would like to sponsor me, you can do so here. Many thanks in advance and wish me luck.
© 2012 Nicola Noble: Please observe the rules of copyright and blog etiquette. If you use my ideas, please link back to my blog. And do let me know - I'd love to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment