Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Jubilee-tastic product branding

I have to admit that I am loving all the very British branding that many well-known brands have adopted this year - in honour of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics, London 2012.

That said, I am not particularly choosing one brand over another when I am shopping but if something I normally buy has a patriotic option then I buy that one.

My favourite so far has to be Marmite - very clever ...
 ... although technically, it's not quite right. Apparently, when addressing the Queen (after the first "Your Majesty") it's  Ma'am (as in jam) not Ma'am as in Marm-ite!

Kingsmill bread also made me chuckle out loud in the supermarket when I saw their tribute...
Other patriotic brands I have come across include:

The obvious: the undisputed queen of summer drinks, Pimms

The not-so obvious: Ryvita - rye crisp breads

And the downright bizarre: Andrex toilet paper

What others have you seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment